Today the high school teachers and students met with Mrs. Petty to discuss the project, go over the guidelines for cross-age peer mentors and the schedule. We also talked about how we would communicate and collaborate using Google docs and Skype.
These high school students should have a basic background knowledge of Missoula history and should have the following skills:
- how to perform Internet searches
- how to locate and analyze primary sources
- how to use collaboration tools such as Google docs, Skype, Dropbox, etc.
- how to use Library research tools (Microfilm readers, Northwest Digital Archives search engine, genealogical search engines)
- how to use Google Earth
- how to use a GPS unit
- how to use a camera to take still photos and video recordings
- how to conduct an oral history interview
- how to create a photostory/video
- how to role-play an individual from the perspective of that person
You will find all of the documents related to the discussion from today under Documents.