What Happened on the Day you Were Born?
Third grade students met for the first time at the high school. They worked on a collaborative project answering the guiding question: What happened on the day you were born?
Their search must include the following information:
1) Finding one news events that occurred on your birth date .
2) Listing one famous person (politicians, entertainers, sports figures, etc) who shares your birthday.
3) Giving one sports fact about the year you were born.
4) Finding the title of a movie, television show, or song that was popular during the year you were born.
5) Finding at least one other different fact about the day and/or year you were born. For example: Who was president? What was the weather like the day you were born?
Students were given links to get them started in their search. High school students used Google Docs to record their information. These documents were shared with the lead teacher, Mrs. Petty.